Travel guide Greece
Best time to visit:
- Spring (April-May): The weather is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 18-25 degrees Celsius (64-77 degrees Fahrenheit). This is a great time to visit if you want to avoid the crowds and enjoy the beauty of Greece without the heat of summer. Read More
- Summer (June-September): This is the peak season for tourism in Greece, with warm weather and long days of sunshine. The beaches are crowded, but this is also a great time to visit if you want to experience the vibrant nightlife of Greek cities like Athens and Mykonos. Read More
- Fall (October-November): The weather is still warm in the fall, with average temperatures ranging from 15-22 degrees Celsius (59-72 degrees Fahrenheit). This is a great time to visit if you want to enjoy the beauty of Greece without the crowds. Greece Travel Ideas Fall in Greece
- Winter (December-March): The weather is mild in the winter, with average temperatures ranging from 10-18 degrees Celsius (50-64 degrees Fahrenheit). This is a great time to visit if you want to experience the unique beauty of Greece in the winter, such as snow-capped mountains and the Christmas markets in Athens. Chasing the Donkey Winter in Greece
- Athens: The capital of Greece, Athens is a city with a rich history and culture. Must-see attractions include the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Acropolis Museum. Encyclopedia Britannica
- Santorini: A volcanic island in the Aegean Sea, Santorini is known for its stunning caldera views. Must-see attractions include the town of Oia, the Red Beach, and the Blue Lagoon. Visit Greece
- Mykonos: A party island in the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is known for its vibrant nightlife and beautiful beaches. Must-see attractions include the town of Mykonos Town, the Little Venice, and the Paraga Beach. TripAdvisor
- Crete: The largest island in Greece, Crete is known for its diverse landscape, from mountains to beaches. Must-see attractions include the Samaria Gorge, the Minoan Palace of Knossos, and the beaches of Elafonisi and Balos. Hotels.com
- The best way to get around Greece is by ferry. There are ferries that connect all of the major islands and the mainland. ferries.gr
- You can also get around by plane, bus, or train. However, ferries are the most scenic way to travel.
- If you are on a tight budget, you can also get around by hitchhiking or carpooling.
- There are a variety of accommodation options available in Greece, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels.
- If you are on a budget, you can stay in a hostel or camp. However, if you are looking for a more luxurious experience, you can stay in a 5-star hotel.
- The cost of travel in Greece can vary depending on your budget and the type of activities you want to do.
- If you are on a tight budget, you can expect to spend around €50-€100 per day. However, if you are willing to splurge, you can easily spend upwards of €200 per day.
- Citizens of most countries do not need a visa to visit Greece for up to 90 days. However, it is always a good idea to check with your local Greek embassy or consulate to make sure.
- Greece is a safe country to travel to. However, it is always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions against petty theft.
I hope this helps you plan your trip to Greece!